Sr. Risk Services Representative, Property
Company: Zurich Insurance Group Ltd
Experience: 6-8 Years
Experienced Property Risk Services representative; knowledge of insurance risk control programs.
The successful candidate will be both an Account Engineer and Field Engineer managing multiple accounts. They will be responsible to work with our underwriting partners to manage Zurich’s portfolio risk quality, support selected customer risk control programs, coordinate and conduct site risk assessments, develop account analysis and coordinate stewardship meetings, following Zurich global technical standards as well as recognized national/international codes.
Contribute to the Risk Services team through the development of technical papers; participating in subject matter expert groups, mentoring junior engineers; shared knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area
- Fire Protection College Diploma or equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Insurance Risk Control area
- Previous experience conducting/coordinating site risk assessments and managing accounts
- Knowledgeable of complex risks (manufacturing, pulp and paper, steel and aluminum, forestry, energy, chemical, etc.)
- Experience with applicable codes and standards (NFPA, FM, National/Provincial Fire Codes, etc.)
- Active management of risk improvement actions to help improve the risk profile of a customer
- Proficient presentation skills (small & large groups; internal and external)
- Self-sufficient with time management skills; ability to work with KPIs; self-disciplined to working remotely with minimal supervision
- Expert knowledge of exposures, controls and best practice risk improvement
- High-level customer management skills set
- Previous experience conducting Machinery Breakdown risk assessments is a strong asset
- Bilingual is a strong asset
- Capable of national travel (as necessary) – 25%+
- Ability to work within a national team; assist colleagues; share knowledge; engage in participation in projects.