Underwriting Associate, Vancouver
Company: Zurich Insurance Group Ltd
Responsible for evaluating exposures/controls, evaluating loss history, assessing financial condition, for basic to moderately complex business.
- Bachelors Degree and No prior experience required in the Administrative or Customer Service or Data Entry or Financial Services or Risk Management area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2 or more years of experience in the Administrative or Customer Service or Data Entry or Financial Services or Risk Management area
- Some travel may be required
- Underwriting/underwriting operations, claims, risk management or premium audit experience
- Experience with data collection and analysis
- Excellent customer service orientation and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of processing, rating and policy issuance systems
- Detail oriented
- Organizational, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Mastery of processing, rating and policy issuance systems
Job Accountabilities – Key Accountabilities
- With core knowledge of underwriting processes, is conversant and may work on multiple lines of business with some variances and with analysis guided by multiple tools and references.
- Collaborates with underwriters in the areas of procedures, policy endorsements and policy content.
- Computes premiums for policies, selects appropriate declarations, coverage forms, national/local forms, and optional endorsements to complete a policy.
- Anticipates the needs of the Underwriter and the customer based on the policy submitted.
- Provides account servicing support (e.g. subsequent transactions including endorsements, cancellations, reinstatement & adjustments, billing & collections, contract services and Claims & Risk Engineering) as directed by the Underwriter or Underwriting Support Manager.
- Supports assigned Underwriters with broker/customer interactions. Underwriting authority is not granted.
- Responsible for the new business, renewals and endorsements process for moderately complex business.
- Reviews, appraises and recommends submissions for acceptance or declination within established appetite.
- Evaluates and summarizes exposures and controls both at the account level and at the Line Of Business level.
- Evaluates loss potential due to catastrophe, severity, and/or frequency.
- Assesses financial condition and summarizes financials.
- Applies rating knowledge to provide direction to Rating Services.
- Utilizes accumulated account analysis to provide Underwriting with data required for pricing decisions (e.g. debits/credits, risk characteristics).
- Supports Underwriting with broker/customer interactions with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
- Provides account servicing support (e.g. subsequent transactions including endorsements, cancellations, reinstatement & adjustments, billing & collections, contract services and Claims & Risk Engineering).
- May assist in training new team members.
- Identifies/escalates issues and participates in determining resolution with support of others.
- May support special projects as a subject matter expert.
- Able to independently interact with brokers and customers in certain instances.
- Service the needs of customers.
- Support others who maintain relationships with customers.
- Respond to inquiries quickly and completely, provide status updates.
- Recognize and respond to or refer opportunities.
- Identify and resolve problems by referring to policies, procedures, standards.
- Continually improve unit performance by analyzing and recommending enhancements to technical procedures.
Develop & Grow
Puts Customers First
Technical Competency 1
Technical Competency 2
Provide Clear Direction
Make it Happen