Meeting Coordinator II
Company: Aflac Columbus
Location: Columbus, GA, US, 31999
The Division: Corporate Services
Experience: 3 – 4 Years
Job Id: 3613
Meeting Coordinator II
Works under the general guidance of the Manager of Travel, Meetings & Incentives to plan and execute meetings and events for assigned market & broker offices and corporate divisions, including planning and execution of events, on-site transportation, and food and beverage selection.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Consults with management and company officials to discuss details that will determine objectives, format, and specifications for meetings; works to ensure that the meeting projects an image consistent with its purpose and audience; corresponds with guests and company officials in charge of meeting; analyzes and creates materials that enhance the meeting or event purpose, to include pre-trip communication and registrations; negotiates contracts with hotels and vendors for meeting arrangements (space, sleeping accommodations, food, and beverages); prepares and manages the meeting or event budget; manages numerous meetings in various stages of development
- Resolves ongoing problems related to dealing with internal and external customers; travels to various locations and establishes a temporary office for on-site meeting management; ensures effective agenda and timing of event’s segments; monitors function and work of selected vendors and attends to guests’ needs; reconciles all invoicing associated with meeting or event; performs comparative analysis on budget versus final overall program costs
- Collaborates with department staff in planning, implementation, and management of large, critical events involving executive and senior management (Honor Club Trips and Market Office Trips).
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Three to four years of related work experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite – Intermediate
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others.
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when needed or scheduled
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
The statements below describe the general nature and level of the work and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Normal office environment (virtual or in-person) Flexible work schedule, including overtime, weekends, and holidays