Meetings Support Coordinator
Company: Aflac Columbus
Location: Columbus, GA, US, 31999
The Division: Corporate Services
Job Id: 3263
Meetings Support Coordinator
Works under the direct guidance of the Manager of Travel, Meetings & Incentives to provide logistical, and onsite setup and meeting support for meetings, trips, and events; provide end-to-end development, planning and overall execution of technical event needs for corporate clients
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide all logistical and onsite support for tier 1, tier 2 and local-based meetings; support the Meeting and Travel Coordinators for Honor Club and destination-specific meetings; assist in duties related to travel logistics to ensure deadlines and quality metrics are met; handle all contract meetings
- Responsible for the setup and support for Aflac HQ meetings; meeting the standards required outlined in TMI’s processes and procedures; procuring necessary supplies and contingency items; liaison with external vendors to ensure quality standards are understood and met
- Assists with onsite support at Aflac Honor Club Trips and other meeting/venues; responsible for handling ad hoc requests to ensure the success of the events and the needs of the attendees are met
- Partner with Event Technology Coordinators to provide backup and support for large activities or high volumes; build simple registration and meeting/event sites for attendees
- Assist in the storage or transition of data as needed, perform reviews to ensure documents are being handled and stored appropriately; create and maintain company event templates
- Provide support for Event Technology Coordinators by building and maintaining Tier 1-2 event registration websites and email campaigns that provide exceptional user experience, maintain efficient backend management and reporting, and support attendee management
- Build and maintain client relationships; Provide direction and support to clients from a technical perspective; Present best practices and solutions to accomplish client’s business requirements
- Create and proof external and client-facing communications; Maintain graphic and document libraries, and event templates (ensure branding guidelines are met)
- Performs other related duties as required
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field Qualification Level Experience
- Zero to two years of event coordination or related work experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite – Basic
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others.
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when needed or scheduled
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
The statements below describe the general nature and level of the work and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Normal office environment (virtual and/or in-person) Flexible work schedule, including overtime, weekends, and holidays